Mike is a Certified Private Wealth Advisor ® with 30 years of experience in the field. He also holds licenses as registered representative and investment advisor representative. In addition, Mike is a life, health, and long-term care agent.
Mike grew up in Bowling Green, KY. Earning both academic and athletic (golf) scholarships, he graduated from Western Kentucky University in 1986 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Management and a minor in Economics.
After having a successful stint as an Executive for the Boy Scouts of America (Jan 1987 to August 1991), Mike began his investment career at JC Bradford in 1991. In 1994, he moved to First American Bank's (later became Amsouth Bank) investment division. At the bank, he worked with trust officers, Certified Financial Planners®, loan officers, and insurance executives. He considers his time at the bank to be an extremely insightful in his quest to truly serve clients. In the Fall of 2000, Amsouth Bank sold their Kentucky branches and Mike decided to start Newton Financial Group. In his career, he has helped clients with investments ranging from mutual funds to more sophisticated Reg D private offerings. He has counseled and implemented strategies with insurance and he has helped to solve many other complex concerns of his clients.
Mike really enjoys helping others and has served in numerous charitable and community roles.
- He currently serves on the board of the Southern Kentucky Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
- In 2022 Mike is chairing the Scoring Committee of the United States Golf Association’s Girls Championship (over 40 countries are expected to be represented).
- While on the Board of Directors of Bowling Green Christian Academy for nine years he served as President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Athletic Director, Basketball Coach, and Robotics Coach.
- He has chaired a Christmas Parade, chaired local junior golf tournaments, been a Junior Bible Quiz Coach, chaired a development campaign for Orchestra Kentucky, served on the Warren County Community Foundation, and local Red Cross Board.
- He is a past chairman on the Living Hope Baptist Church Board of Trustees (past chairman), the Estate Planning Advisory Council for Campbellsville University, the Greenwood High School Career and Technical Advisory Committee, and the Board of Directors for the Western Kentucky University “W” Club (past chairman). Note: The W Club is only open to former athletic letter winners. It handles hall of fame selections, buys the letter winners their jackets, etc.
- Mike was the head coach of the Boys Golf Team at Greenwood High School for nine seasons from 2010 to 2018 during which the teams had some of the most successful seasons in the school’s history (in 2022, two teams from that era were inducted into the Greenwood Athletics Hall of Fame, the only golf teams ever inducted).
Mike has been married to his wife Julie for 34 years. They have two sons. Michael, who is a Doctor of Physical Therapy, and Nick, an accountant who works at the corporate office of Fifth Third Bank in Cincinnati. Nick recently finished passing all of the CPA exams.